Sunday, February 9, 2020

Project Segway - Central Model Train Show Day 2

Well Day 2 is in the books and the 2020 Central Model Train Show is over. The Central T-gauge Layout received numerous compliments, and a lot of stares in amazement.

The new bridge with the mirror.
I remembered to get a good shot of the bridge with the mirror I added. The effect is pretty good, and will be better once the backdrop supports it better.

We figure we ran about 1500 scale miles (m,ore than 3 real miles) during the show with very few problems. Most of that was with one engine. However, I did get out my Class 67, along with a couple of coal cars to pull a freight late in the day. I need to get some more coal cars. once I added the weights to the cars, the train ran well.

The short little freight goes by the station.
I have some thoughts about relocating a few buildings, and I have one more bridge to add to the line to the left of the water tank in the view above. This will also mean that I will cut into the cliff here and add a waterfall. Waterfalls always draw attention. There are a few bits of road that will need some work, and some sculptamold is needed by the bridges. However, it was a good show for the layout. I plan to upload a new video in a few days too.

I also have another T-gauge building project completed - and if it comes out okay from Shapeways, I hope to have a new addition to the layout - or to the next layout. We will see. I have anumber of things to work on for next year, including further work on the town, adding driveways, mounting the buildings in their final positions, the station platform, the new bridge, a bit of scultamold work, ground cover, water, trees, bushes, etc, and vehicles. Lots to do, and other projects on my mind as well.

Cameron Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment